Thank you for your interest in fencing at Metro Tacoma Fencing Club (MTFC). MTFC’s fees, which are depicted below in table form, are designed to cover club costs (rent, utilities, insurance, staff, equipment), be proportionate to use, incentivize fencer development, and encourage fencers to join MTFC and enjoy fencing.
- USFA Fencing Season. The U.S. Fencing Association (USFA) 2017-2018 fencing season starts August 1, 2017 and ends July 31, 2018.
- USFA Membership. Due to US Fencing Association (USFA) insurance requirements, all fencers must have a current USFA membership. The cost for the 2017-2018 Season is $10 for a non-competitive membership and $70 for a competitive membership (to compete in tournaments). Membership information at USA Fencing membership and sign up on their signup page.
- Payment. MTFC is moving to an online registration and payment system. All payments for the new season will occur through the new online system (Jackrabbit) with a credit card or direct bank transfer (EFT). Annual memberships are available.
- Private Lessons. Private lessons are available, but must be arranged with an MTFC fencing coach. To obtain private lessons at MTFC and use the facility, all fencers must pay for an MTFC membership and have a current USFA membership.
- Other Clubs. MTFC’s Board of Directors may authorize reciprocal fencing arrangements with other fencing clubs if the arrangement benefits each fencing club.
- Club Discounts.
Family Discount – $5.00 per person. Family discounts are when 2 or more immediate family members are monthly paying members of the club at the same time.
Military Discount – $5.00 per person. This discount is for an active duty member of the Military. Discounts cannot be combined.
Seniors (55+) – reduced membership fee of $45 per month.
Sign up for classes and pay for membership and classes on-line!
VOLUNTEER HOURS MTFC is run almost entirely by volunteers. The club is adding mandatory volunteer hours for certain programs. Elite I/II Foil have a required 15 hours per student annually (July 18, 2017-July 31, 2018) or you may pay for the hours at a rate of $25 per hour. Competitive Foil and Epee have a required 10 hours per student annually (July 18-July 31, 2018) or you may pay for the hours at a rate of $25 per hour. All other members – requested 5 hours per member annually. Maximum required hours per family of 25 hours. Keep track of your hours with Volunteer Hour Record.
The Fine Print
- MTFC does NOT offer ‘proportionate use’ or ‘partial’ memberships. Memberships are flat fee. No exceptions. The club’s costs do not decrease if fencers miss classes.
- Refunds of annual memberships are highly discouraged. MTFC is a nonprofit club and must budget revenue and expenses. Exceptions are made for death, out of state relocation, and serious health problems. In such event, the member will be charged the full monthly cost for each month of use.
- MTFC reserves the right to review and change these fees at any time. All class students and members will promptly pay all fees, dues and costs owed to the MTFC. Fees paid are non refundable and non transferable. However, services once paid for, will be honored per arrangement. MTFC is a 501c3, run by volunteers, fees paid to the organization support the operational management and logistics of running the club.
|MTFC Fencing Programs & Fees for 2017-2018 USFA Fencing Season|
|Elite I Foil||
||MW 5:30-7:30, F 6:00-8:00|
|Elite II Foil||
||MW 6:30-8:30, F 6:00-8:00|
Private lesson program
||Open Epee Fencing
||Saber Class Sat 8:30-10:00|